Tuesday, September 12, 2006


Wow, He's a Big 'un

Not sure if I will have time to do any more work on this guy - as my vacation looms near.. but, I posted my sample pics on one of my favorite Marine forums (Bolter and Chainsword) and solicited for opinions on this guy. I mostly got back comments on the legs being too out of proportion to the torso, actually, that was the overwhelming opinion :P

So, I diced up the legs and repositioned him once again. He has now millimetered his way up to being a truely imposing size - just by straightening his legs a bit, and adding a mm or so of space at the top. It still looks a bit off, and I may redo that left leg (it is crooked up on that Tau helmet at the moment).

Let me know what you think.. other then this is turning out to be more work then anticipated :P

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Da_Todfatha said...

I don't know if I've posted about the over-sized (you say proportionate) space marine.

I don't like it as a size for ALL Space Marines. Thier tanks would have to be bigger too. Where does it end? I've seen the GW rendition of Astartes in artwork etc. and it is over the top.

I agree, to the people of the Imperium perhaps they seem like giants, etc. but lets get real, they probably range in height just like normal humans albeit on a larger scale. So I would put them all at Professional athlete sized, not everyone of them at 7 feet tall.

Furthermore, to modify an entire model range to increase the size of your army is, to me, an undertaking that will ultimately not pay off, and may never be complete.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home